Friday, November 16, 2007

Opinions?

Not sure if everyone has seen this on BMBS from:
Snuffy(aka Will Flemming)
Yesterday, the coaches unanimously voted in favor of dropping to 2A. This discussion has been tabled until 2009.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I guess yall don't care what classification we are in. Personally I would like to stay in AAA I don't really have a solid reason to back up that opinion other than I just think it is a good fit. I was being persuaded by the Only in America and BMBS crowds to move up. I think it might be ok for football being that we would be able to make the playoff year in and year out and everynow and then when the stars align make a really exciting run. However, this move would give sports that have made large strides in the past four or five years to become much more competitive on the state level such as baseball, golf, wrestling, and cross country zero chance at the state level. I don't know why I don't want to go to 2a other than is just seems one step closer to Country day and Calvary and I know one thing for sure I don't want BC to be any closer to those two schools than it absolutely has to. On another note if Savannah Christian stays in 2a which I have heard rumors they are staying and going from equally unreliable sources (Garret Sullivan, and Carey Harriot) I think bc would have an instant rival in every sport.

Fender said...

i would like to see us stay in AAA also. i agree that we would be making the playoffs in football but with no real sucess advancing pass the first or second round. had we stayed in AAAAA we would have won region in golf the past three years with glynn dropping to AAAA but the competition at the state level would be much stronger. cross country won region our freshman year right? i would think they would be in the same scenario as golf as far as competing on the state level. i don't remember how strong our region was in baseball so i don't know how we would have done as far as region play goes. wrestling i think we would have the potential for a couple of individual qualifiers for state but as with baseball i don't know how strong our region was as far as team competition for wrestling. should we move down and savannah christian stay i agree with joe that we would have an instant rivialry no matter what the sport. i think that would be good for BC to have a big rivalry with someone that they play every year and compete with for region titles much the way we used to with savannah high in football. if you think about it we don't really have a rivalry with anyone in AAA. the closest we have to a rivalry in AAA i would say is with south effingham. a big rivalry would be nice but i don't want to be any closer to competing on the same level as the other private schools in savannah. so i would like to see us stay in AAA where we've had sucess in several sports including football this year.

Anonymous said...

I say make the move to AA. We are still at the bottom of that class as far as numbers go. What people dont understand is AAA is about as big as a powerhouse as AAAAA when it comes to football and baseball at the state level. SE is definitely moving to 4A so I am all for going to AA and maybe being more competitive. I hope SCPS does stay but i think they will drop to A. Our region in basketball in AAA is very good, and at the state level I would say AAA is better than AAAA even with nationally ranked powerhouses like Dunwoody. I agree AA looks a lot worse, especially since thats what our arguments have been for so many years saying that we played in a higher class, but we cant compete where we are now, we just dont have the numbers

ESPN College Football Rankings